The National Society of Tax Professionals (NSTP) is a non-profit organization dedicated to serving the tax professional. NSTP is committed to helping its members attain the greatest expertise, proficiency, and competency in all areas of the tax profession. The organization exists to equip our members to be qualified to effectively provide professional tax preparation services for their clients.
For nearly 30 years, NSTP has endeavored to support the tax professional community with top quality education delivered by knowledgeable, accomplished instructors. Instructors teach not only about the tax law but how to apply complex tax rules to an individual client’s situation. The organization primarily presents live education – live webinars and on-demand webinars are also available. Our presentations are approved for Continuing Education credits with the IRS, NASBA and CTEC.
NSTP offers members a wealth of benefits that when utilized, will increase the member’s ROI. Here are some key benefits of membership:
- NSTP provides a Tax Helpline with unlimited calls with payment of 10 continuing education credits taken or registered with NSTP each membership year. 12 questions free if 10 CE is not purchased.
- The Federal Tax Alert, the NSTP newsletter issued bi-monthly, is jam-packed with meaningful and discerning articles. Archived FTA newsletters are available to members online, offering a huge library of in-depth topics.
- NSTP produces a client newsletter, Tax Client Newsletter, which our members can brand with their own logo and send to their clients.
- Members earn Dividend Reward points with every purchase and can apply the points for a reduction in future education costs, even to the point of paying for an entire course.
- NSTP members enjoy discounts and special offers through our Affinity Program.
- NSTP membership provides discounts on our educational courses.
A Premier Tax Education
This organization provides premier tax education for tax professionals, as well as advocates for the tax community. We are educational partners with the Internal Revenue Service and maintain a high level of contact with them. Our Executive Director is a new member of the Taxpayer Advocacy Panel and serves as their Vice-Chair for 2021.
Members have the benefit of tax education that is always on the cutting edge through up-to-date information by way of the weekly Tax Tidbits email, ongoing webinars, live Town Hall Meetings, and Federal Tax Update courses in over 35 locations. Our Federal Tax Alert provides members with in-depth technical articles.
Tax professionals can engage in membership as an Executive Member, a Junior Executive Member, a Full Member, or an Associate Member. Each level of membership provides discounts and rewards.
A unique benefit of NSTP is our Dividend Rewards program. For every dollar spent, members receive points, which when accumulated, will pay for future education courses, either in full, or at an additional discount.
NSTP provides live educational events of 1-5 days and webinars from 1 hour to 5 hours. Live events include the Federal Tax Update & Review seminars in over 35 locations, Grand Events in 3 locations, Special Topics Workshops in 3 destination locations, EA Boot Camp in 2 locations, and AFTR courses in 3 IRS Forum locations.
Upcoming events include:
- Special Topics Workshops – Cabo San Lucas, May 4-6, 2021; Williamsburg, VA, June 23-25, 2021; Napa Valley, July 19-21, 2021.
- EA Boot Camp – Las Vegas, NV, Oct 18-22, 2021
- Federal Tax Update Courses beginning November, 2021
Additional Information about NSTP
NSTP is hosting virtual events to serve our members better during this time of reduced travel. We are providing a weekly Town Hall with discussion of the most recent federal tax updates, followed by a question and answer period. The Town Halls are hosted by NSTP thought leaders Nina Tross and Paul La Monaca. We are also providing more courses via live-streaming online as well as increased webinars. NSTP, however, continues to promote our live courses as our premier educational experiences. For more information on NSTP benefits and membership, visit the website.