September 29 at 1:00 p.m. ET | Presented by Peter J. Larkin and Cynthia Butera | 1.0 CPE Credit
The economic landscape for 2021 has posed unique challenges for the accounting practitioners in the areas of special purposes acquisition companies (“SPAC”), third-party client lenders, tax schemes, ransomware and client impersonation as well as the more traditional area of fraud. This program will explain what these areas of risk are to the practitioner and provide guidance as to how to best manage your risk and avoid unintentionally becoming exposed to claims by investors, your client’s lenders, your client or other third party uses of your clients’ financials related to these identified areas of risk.
During this session, we will:
- Discuss the unique risk areas and emerging risk areas including the legal landscape surrounding SPACs, third-party lenders, identified tax schemes and cyber security issues.
- Address risk management issues that accountants should keep in mind and techniques to avoid becoming legally responsible to your client’s and third parties who rely on the clients’ financials and tax returns.
- Discuss the lessons to be learned from claims involving suits or claims arising from these identified risk areas.
ATTENTION: Webinar Communications
Please Note: Your registration confirmation will be coming from Wilson Elser <customercare@gotowebinar> Confirmation is immediate. If you do not see the confirmation in your inbox please check your junk mail folder. Webinar Organizers are prohibited from soliciting or sharing any information provided to them from this registration process.
This Continuing Education Seminar
is open to all CPAs, Tax Preparers, Bookkeepers and Enrolled Agents
- Wednesday, September 29, 2021, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM ET
- Online – Web Accessed Event
- Detailed instructions will be emailed to you upon registration completion.
- Sponsored by Landy Insurance and Wilson Elser
Field of Study: Regulatory Ethics – 1 CPE Credit
Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
Who Should Attend: All Practitioners
Program Level: Basic
Advanced Preparation: None
Duration: 60 minutes
Refund Policy: This course is given free of charge so there are no refunds. There is NO FEE to attend this seminar.
Presented by: Peter J. Larkin and Cynthia S. Butera
CPE Sponsor: Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
National CPE Registry Number: 109329
Got Questions? You can email Kerry Noonan-Carrasquillo at email@example.com or call her at (781) 292-5412
CPActivity, LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org
Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker, LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org