The dreaded engagement letter season. That time of year, we have to start going through all our engagements and refresh before heading into a new tax season. I remember my first year in business, printing out a stack of engagement letters about two feet high and hand-signing to mail.
Thankfully, we have some better options now. With dozens of proposal softwares available, which ones are the best for accountants and why?
Here are the recommendations to help make your engagement letter season a painless one:
- PandaDoc — This one made most of the lists for integrations and content libraries. The software integrates with most CRMs to automate the workflow of your engagement letter process, and its proposals are easily customizable. The price point makes it a good fit for most firms as well.
- Proposify — Want to have eye-catching proposals? Proposify allows you to add video to your proposals! This one also made most lists for its integrations with Hubspot and Salesforce as well as its user-friendly interface.
- Practice Ignition — Practice Ignition was built for accounting firms so features include integrations with QuickBooks Online and Xero. There is a large database of templates to choose from as well as built-in payment processing.
- Bidsketch — This management tool also integrates with Salesforce as well as Zapier to expand its capabilities. The price point is easy on the wallet and boasts e-signature integration as we all have full analytics to track your proposals.
- Qwilr — A less-known favorite includes the ability to embed interactive content like dashboards and even Google sheets. The software also has view and click tracking and received 4.5 stars for easy-to-build and beautiful proposals.
Don’t wait until the last minute to implement your proposal software. Many of them do require upfront customization, so your proposals are branded and look the way you want them to. You will want to get customization out of the way, templates built and pricing in the system before you will be ready to send.