Here we are, deep into tax season. Now that the deadline has officially been extended, your team may be starting to feel the light at the end of the tunnel getting a little further away.
It’s natural. We use deadlines and checkpoints to make sure we’re on the right path and celebrate the progress made. When those deadlines get extended or our workflow changes, it can mess up our mental timeline to projects. We all need an “end” to feel satisfied and accomplished in our work.
So, here is our checkpoint for you. To help you and your team see the accomplishments you’ve achieved this year:
- You’re working in a global pandemic. Whether you made a shift to remote work or some form of hybrid-work, you’ve shown that your team is able to adapt to a new (literally, unprecedented) work life. You most likely have implemented new technology and have successfully learned it and executed it! That’s a HUGE accomplishment!
- Were you already taking advantage of a remote workplace when the pandemic started? That’s awesome! How does it feel to be ahead of the curve? Your firm was already working efficiently and able to adjust even better, by not having to adjust much at all.
- Have your small business clients had cash flow / PPP concerns this year? Good thing they had your team to help them! It may seem like you’re barely keeping your head above water some days, so imagine how your clients are feeling. You’re demonstrating your value more than you know during this time.
- Have you had to adjust to working around your kids/partner/pets? Remote learning and quarantine has been a rough adjustment for many of us. So, if you’re able to be a proctor to your 5th grader while advising your clients on the newest changes to the CARES Act, you’re a superhero. No doubt about that in my mind.
- Have you had to continue to learn and adjust around changes in the government, tax code and relief legislature every few weeks for the past year? Not only learn it yourself, but explain it to your team and clients in real time? That is a HUGE accomplishment in itself. Is there anything you can’t do?!
- Last but certainly not least, you are here. You are alive and continuing to help your team, your clients and your families survive these “uncertain times.”
What helps me in “uncertain times” is focusing on the certains. Tomorrow, the sun will rise and the world will still turn. You – no matter who you are or what you do – have done a LOT this past year, and you have a LOT to be proud of.
So, be proud of yourself and be proud of your team! 💪