The New England IRS Representation Conference, being held November 21-22, 2019,brings together representatives from the government and expert private practitioners to compare perspectives on a broad range of topics involving federal tax audits, appeals, and litigation; amongmany other major issues tax pros could face. Coverage also encompasses the entire scope of representation work, from anticipating and planning for the examination of a return through resolution of all unagreed issues. Enforcement is an essential part of our federal tax system, so it’s important for every tax practitioner to be aware of these issues.
The New England IRS Representation Conferenceis a day and a half training session, giving you theopportunity to stay current as well as to exchange ideas and share practice tips, which can contribute to better functioning of the system.The conference is designed for tax professionals at all levels who prepare for, or handle, audits, appeals or tax litigation, as well as those involved in planning and transactional work who could benefit from a better understanding of the implications of their work for audit defense.
This conference content qualifies for11 CPEcredits for CPAs and EAs: 10 tax and 1 ethics.The content covers technical topics involved in IRS Representation, including IRS examinations, appeals, criminal tax investigations and collections.The conference presenters also cover new IRS priorities to share with education practitioners, so they and their clients can know what to expect from the IRS in the next year.
Dates and Locations:
- OnThursday November 21st, the half-day workshop takes place at Quinnipiac Law School in North Haven, Connecticut
- OnFriday November 22nd, is the full-day conference at Mohegan Sun Hotel & Casino in Uncasville, Connecticut
The half-day workshop on Thursday usually has around 120 in-person attendees and 200 webcast attendees.The Friday conference has 300 in-person attendees and around another 850 webcast attendees. *Exhibiting takes place during the Friday conference.
Why you should attend:
- Panels of both government officials and private practice speakers give well-rounded and differentperspectives on several relevant topics
- Because the top IRS executives participate, practitioners hear from the people actually running the initiatives at the IRS and can speak with them during and after their panels.This year’s list of conference speakers and participating practitionerscan be found below.
- Breakout sessions allow attendees to select which topic they feel is more impactful to their practice
Speakers and participating practitioners:
- Mary Beth Murphy, Commissioner, Small Business/Self-Employed Division,
- Lisa Beard Niemann, Deputy Commissioner, Small Business Self-Employed Division.
- Paul J. Mamo, Director, Collections, Internal Revenue Service
- Donna Hansberry, Chief, Appeals, Internal Revenue Service
- Don Fort, Chief, Criminal Investigation, Internal Revenue Service
- Tamera Ripperda, Deputy Commissioner, Small Business/Self-Employed Division,
- John Tuzynski, Director, Examination-Central, TCJA Implementation, Small Business/Self-Employed Division
- Hank Kea, Director, Specialty Collection Insolvency
Early bird specials are available untilNovember 1, 2019.So visit the website to learn more and register.
Eric Green is presenting a webinar withInsightful Accountantcalled “Dealing with the IRS Collection Division,”tomorrow, Sept. 26 at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time.Make sure to check it out if you’re interested in attending this event.You can register here.
Participating Sponsors/Affiliates:National Association of Enrolled Agents, National Association of Tax Professionals, Tax Help Software, Receipt Bank, Agostino & Associates, Green & Sklarz LLC, Tax Rep Network, TG Publishing, Marcum, Citrin Cooperman, Eisner Amper, Greenburg Traurig, Kostelanetz & Fink, Call Enq, J&J Associates, Laluna Tax.
This is an adaptation of an edition ofLive Event Report 2019,whichis a series compiled byInsightful Accountant, for small business advisors and tax practitioners to learn about different training events, trade shows and conferencesavailable to them.