On May 27, I wrote that the IRS Nationwide Forums announced they were officially going virtual for 2020 in this article. We received notice that they have released the webinar topics and have opened registration.
The virtual forum will offer 30 online webinars which will be presented live at various times between July 21 and August 20. The schedule does not appear to have been released yet, but the course list is as follows:
- Advocating for Immigrant Taxpayers
- Advocating for Taxpayers with Collection Information Statements
- Be Tax Ready – Understanding Eligibility Rules for EITC, AOTC, CTC and Head of Household Filing Status
- The Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015’s Centralized Partnership Audit Regime
- Charities & Tax-Exempt Organizations Update
- Currency: Virtual, Digital, Cyber, Crypto? Form 1040, Schedule 1 and How to Report
- Cybersecurity for Tax Professionals — Advanced Session
- Diligence in Practice before the IRS: Record-Keeping
- Electronic Payments and Direct Deposits – New Options
- Federal Ethics for the Tax Professionals: Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR) and Circular 230
- Impact of Non-filing and Non-payment
- IRS Key Enforcement Issues
- Keynote Address
- Keys to Mastering Due Diligence Requirements and Audits
- Other Income: Taxable or Not?
- Preparation of Form 1040-NR, U.S. Nonresident Alien Income Tax Return
- Protect Yourself and Your Clients Against A New Wave of Criminals
- QBI Problems? We Have Solutions!
- Representing the Taxpayer Without Records, Reconstructing Income and Expenses
- Retirement Plan Distributions, Loans and More
- Tax Changes from a Forms Perspective
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) Update: Opportunity Zones
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) Update: Qualified Business Income Deduction
- Taxpayer Planning Issues After the Enactment of the 2019 Disaster Act and Secure Act
- Tax Security Panel: The Taxes-Security-Together Checklist
- Update from the IRS Independent Office of Appeals
- Worker Classification Issues – Hiring Freelancers Is Never Free and It May Cost You A Lot, Too
- Cambios Tributarios desde la Perspectiva de Formularios
Tax Changes from a Forms Perspective
- Creditos Reembolsables
- Construya su Plan de Seguridad de Datos para sus Contribuyentes
Building Your Taxpayer Data Security Plan
The description for each class and more information continuing education credits can be found on the Tax Forum Website.
Early Bird registration costs $240 per person through 5:00 PM June 15. Standard rate of $289 per person applies after 5:00 PM on June 15, so don’t delay!